A new Flatpak is released which is now a massive update from 1.5 and has improvements on self-sandboxing, a new permission option for direct CUPS access for printing, and various clean-ups and other code improvements. There is also a new portal API.
- New permissions –socket=cups for direct cups access
- Fix some leaks
- Fix reporting of progress with the latest version of ostree
- New no-interaction flag for authenticators
- Support for auto-installing authenticators from a flatpak remote
- Warn less about unset XDG_DATA_DIRS
- Don’t poll for updates in the portal when on a metered connection
Before flatpak and other sandboxing systems, every Linux distribution had its own installation manager and updating software was a nightmare unless every related library was updated by the distro and the whole system was updated. Flatpak solves this problem by packing as many dependencies in a single package thus updating software is easy as it does not rely on distros dependency.
Get the Source code from here.
Latest posts by Abhishek (see all)
- Ubuntu to Bring Android Apps to Cloud: Canonical’s Anbox Cloud Announced - January 22, 2020
- Wine 5.0 Stable Released: Vulkan 1.1 and New XAudio2 Support Added - January 21, 2020
- Microsoft Releases Xbox Game Streaming Service for Android Worldwide - January 21, 2020