Adobe has dubbed this version as game changer as this version now has support for Photoshop Brushes. There is also an automatic UV unwrapping support baked in which was a long term goal set by Adobe and has now come into fruition.
What is Substance Painter?
Substance Painter is a 3D painting software allowing you to texture and renders your 3D meshes under a Physically-based environment. Unlike other software, textures can be directly painted on the models itself in 3d.
Major features in this release are as below:
- Painter Brush Engine:
- Photoshop brushes are now natively supported in Substance Painter and has 100 brushes prepacked.
- New possibilities with expanded brush settings
- Introducing a new opacity blending mode
- Better Tablet support
- Improved brush preview
- Automatic UV Unwrapping available in beta in this new update. This tool automatically seams, unwraps and packs UVs for you if you import a 3D model that has no UV coordinates
- Smooth curves with the new Paint Roller stroke
- New filters and dynamic brushes
- The MatFx Oil Painting filter allows you to apply various classic painting styles to your textures.
In future Adobe also promises concerning UDIMs support where a beta is on the way!
Latest posts by Abhishek (see all)
- Ubuntu to Bring Android Apps to Cloud: Canonical’s Anbox Cloud Announced - January 22, 2020
- Wine 5.0 Stable Released: Vulkan 1.1 and New XAudio2 Support Added - January 21, 2020
- Microsoft Releases Xbox Game Streaming Service for Android Worldwide - January 21, 2020