The open source multiplatform video editor Kdenlive has a new release after previous bug fix release called 19.12 which has over 200 commits. This edition brings huge performance improvements, a new audio mixer, master effects and host of bug fixes.
Below are the highlights:
- Improved timeline responsiveness.
- Fixes to timeline memory consumption.
- Improvements to clip handling and caching.
- Fine tune rendering threads settings for faster rendering.
- Fixed lag when adding compositions.
- New audio mixer with mute, solo and record functions.
- Added ability to apply audio or video effects to all tracks. (Click the “Master” button above track headers to see master effect stack.)
- Improvements to audio waveform display in the Project Bin and the Clip Monitor.
- Always display search bar.
- Clean-up and fix many buggy effects.
- Fix favorite compositions broken.
- Removed confusing favorites folder from the effects list.
- Fix broken split effect comparison.
- Improved interface of color wheels and bezier curves.
- Custom filters work again.
- Allow inserting values in Lift/Gamma/Gain effect.
- Fix UI corruption on Windows/Intel drivers.
- In settings menu: Add menu on Windows to switch between OpenGL modes.
- Fixed screengrab.
- Fix title clip created with incorrect duration.
- Fix showing full-screen on dual monitor setup.
- Fix detection of secondary screen for monitor full-screen.
- Better audio clip colors in timeline.
- Improve visibility of audio/video only drag icons in clip monitor.
- Always overlay audio waveform in monitor for audio clips.
- Fix screengrab crash.
Get full changelog.
Download the latest version here.