One of the widely used database management systems has a new major release and has performance enhancement as main theme.
What is PostgreSQL?
PostgreSQL, also known as Postgres, is a free and open-source database management system (RDBMS). It is designed to handle a range of workloads, from single machines to data warehouses or web services with many concurrent users. It is available for Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and Windows.
Major Improvement includes:
- General performance improvements, including:
- Enhancements to administrative functionality, including:
- Support for the SQL / JSON path language
- New authentication features, including:
- Stored generated column
- Nondeterministic ICU collations, enabling case-insensitive and accent-insensitive grouping and ordering
Detailed changes can be read at release documents.