The most popular and commonly used CG software famous for procedural 3d animation has a new major version by SideFX dubbed Houdini 18.
New features include
- Solaris- new lookdev and layout toolset– The major new feature in Houdini is Solaris which enables less technically minded artists to use Houdini as a look dev and layout tool, using a non-destructive drag-and-drop workflow.
- New Renderer– The next major change is introduction of Karma renderer is set to replace Mantra rendering engine.
- The Bevel SOP gets support for convex bevels, plus better collision recognition.
- Vellum Improvement- The cloth simulator introduced in Houdini 17 gets improvement by supporting velocity blending and now supports 64bit.
- Faster Fluid Simulation
- New Fracture tool
- New Substance plugins and Python 3 support
There are many more features and can be seen in detail in the embedded presentation below:
Get more details here.
Latest posts by Abhishek (see all)
- Intel 7nm GPU Xe Leaks - November 14, 2019
- Crytek releases GPU agnostic Ray Tracing Benchmark tool - November 14, 2019
- Motorola Announced Foldable Razr for Real- OLED screen with SD710 @ $1499 - November 14, 2019